Choosing a fulfilment company
Here are a few things you should ask a fulfilment company you are considering using.
1. How long have you been in business?
2. What shipping companies do you use?
3. What's the total cost for a picked, packed and dispatched order?
4. What's the total cost for receiving stock?
5. What are your setup fees? And do you have a minimum monthly fee?
6. How much volume can you handle?
7. What service guarantees and compensation do you offer (in case of a mistake)?
8. How do you handle mistakes?
9. What is your procedure for receiving orders?
10. Can I access my account online?
11. Can you/how do you handle returns? And what are the fees?
An obvious choice for a fulfilment company is Amazon. They have some very competitive rates and of course the full infrastructure of the Amazon business behind their fulfilment operation. It can also be a great bonus if you sell on Amazon too.