How can I integrate my newsletter form with MailChimp?
The code to activate Mailchimp is already installed on all of our themes. It links up the newsletter form on your website directly with Mailchimp so that the email address of anyone requesting your newsletters through the newsletter form will automatically populate a 'subscriber list' in your Mailchimp account.
1. Before you begin, you'll need a Mailchimp account. If you don't already have a MailChimp account you can create one here.
2. Once logged in, click on 'lists' from the menu on the left hand side.
3. Create a new list by entering the details.
4. Once you've created the list, click 'signup forms' from the main menu.
5. Click 'select' under 'embedded forms'.
6. Click 'naked' from the menu.
7. Scroll down the page to where it says 'copy/paste on your site'.
8. You only need a particular section of this code. The section required is within the action="" section, shown highlighted in red below.
You only need this part of the code, make sure that you don't include the " marks either side. e.g.
9. Copy this code onto your computer's clipboard (by pressing CTRL+C or left click and then 'Copy')
10. Go to the management system and click 'themes' from the left hand menu and then click 'theme settings'
11. Scroll to the 'add-ons' section and to the 'Mailchimp' field
12. Paste (CTRL + V) the code from Mailchimp into this field.
13. Save your changes and check the newsletter form on your website is populating through to Mailchimp.