Your blog's settings
There are 3 settings you can manage for your blog.
1. Number of posts shown on the blog home page
2. Number of words displayed in the automatic blog excerpt
3. Number of posts displayed per page
Posts shown on blog home page
This setting is the number of posts that are shown on the home page of your blog.
You can set a very high number here if you want to make sure that all the posts of your blog are always shown (although please note that the loading time of the page will increase significantly the more posts that you display).
Number of words displayed in the blog excerpt
A full blog post is never shown to a user unless they are viewing the individual blog post page. On the blog home page we instead display what we call an 'excerpt'.
The excerpt is just a small summary of the blog post.
When editing a post you can write the excerpt yourself (making it as long or short as you like). Alternatively you can leave this blank and our system will create one for you from the blog post content.
You can use this setting to determine how many words from the main post should be taken to create the excerpt.
Number of posts displayed per page
Its a good idea to split up the posts of your blog into pages to help decrease the time it takes a page to load for your website visitors. You can use this setting to limit the number of posts displayed on each page (on the home page, category and archive pages).
You can set a very high number here if you want to make sure that all the posts of your blog are always shown.
Managing these settings
1. Click 'blog' from the left menu.
2. Click the 'manage settings' button in the top right of the page.
3. A window will then be displayed
4. Enter your changes and click the 'save changes' button when you are finished.
5. You can click 'cancel' if you want to cancel the changes you have made.