Creating individual bulk discounts that apply to just one product
You can set an individual price (rather than a percentage discount) for bulk purchases of products when adding/editing a product. When you do this, the bulk discount will only apply to multiple purchases of the same product.
1. When adding/editing a product go to the 'bulk pricing' section.
2. In the quantity box you need to enter the quantity that the discount applies to.
For example, if you have a product that is normally priced at £50.00 but if you purchase between 2 and 5 of the product you want the price to be £48.00 you'd enter
2 - 5
As well as entering ranges (like 2-5, 6-10), you can also enter 10+ which means '10 or more'.
So you may enter
3. You can click the 'add another' button to keep adding different quantities and product prices.
4. After a while, you may end up with something similar to the screenshot below.
In the example above, if a customer purchased 6 of the item the cost would be £46.00 each.
If they purchased 20, then the 10+ rule would apply and they'd be charged £40.00 each.
5. You can delete a rule by clicking the delete icon.
6. Once you've added all of your rules click the 'save changes' button at the bottom of the page.
Please note that you can only have one 'X+' quantity in your bulk pricing table. The others should be ranges. So entering 2+, 4+, 6+ won't work.
Bulk discounts for variations
If you have variations for your products, and you have set an individual price for some (or all) of the variations, then you'll need to set bulk discount rules for those variations as well.
Note: If you have set individual prices for variations, but only set bulk rules for the main product, then they will not apply to your variations.
You'll need to tick the box 'do you want to specify bulk quantities for variations'.
You'll then be able to configure bulk discount rules for each variation.
You won't be able to enter bulk discounts for variations until you have ticked the box (shown above) and also saved the product page after ticking this box.
Entering your bulk discounts
You need to configure rules for each variation separately following the same instructions for bulk discounts that apply to the product.
So you will end up with something that looks similar to the below screenshot.