Uploading and managing files
To create a new digital download file to your account you'll need to have the digital downloads APP installed.
1. Select 'assets' from the left hand menu and then 'digital downloads'.
2. Click the 'upload a new file' button in the top right, a new window will then open.
3. Enter the name of the file and the file tag. A file tag is just a way of you categorising similar files so you can easily identify and search for them in the future.
Select the file from your computer and then click the 'upload file' button. The file will then upload. (Please note that if the file is large it may take a while to upload to our servers).
Alternatively you can enter the URL of the file where it is located on an external server (don't worry, our system will protect the file in the same way by creating a safe link).
4. The new file will then appear in the table.
5. Next you need to attach the file to a product. You can either attach it to an existing product or create a new product.
6. When adding/editing the product you'll notice a box as shown in the screenshot below.
Tick the tick-box and the box will open.
7. From the drop down list select the file that you want to attach to the product.
You can click the 'add another' link if you want to attach more than one file to the product.
8. Please Note: by default the product will follow your usual delivery pricing. If you don't want to charge for delivery of the digital product you should select the 'free' tick box from the 'stock & delivery management' section.
Importing files using the import/export system
If your files are hosted on an external server then you can create them on our system (step 1 - 3 above) and attach them to a product (step 7) using the import system.
For more information please see our help guide here.
Renaming digital files
Digital files can be renamed from the digital downloads page.
To do so, simply click on the file name for the file you want to rename and then enter the new name in the box, as shown on the example below.