What is the Google Trusted Stores Programme?
The Google Trusted Stores Programme has recently been released by Google. The programme is intended to promote confidence in the security and safety of your website to your visitors and customers and is provided free of charge by Google.
Joining the programme offers several benefits:
1. You can increase confidence in your website to new customers by displaying the Trusted Stores badge on your website
2. Joining the programme helps you qualify for seller ratings in Adwords and highlight the status on your Adwords listings
3. You can display the Trusted Stores badge on your Google Shopping listing
These 3 key benefits should lead to:
i) An increase in the click through rate (CTR) of your Google adverts
ii) An increase in conversions on your website as customers feel more comfortable buying from you
More information about the Google Trusted Stores programme can be found on the website at http://www.google.com/trustedstores/for-businesses...
1. If you'd like to join the programme then you need to complete an application. This can be done by following the instructions at https://www.google.com/trustedstores/sell
2. Once you've completed the application and have been accepted to join the programme you can then install the Google Trusted Stores APP on your account.
3. In order to participate in the Google Trusted Stores Programme you'll need to have an SSL certificate installed on your website.
4. Once you've installed the APP and ordered your SSL certificate then follow the instructions in the next article to set it up on your website.