Creating a sale
To create a new sale on your store please follow the instructions below.
1. Select 'marketing' from the left menu and then 'sales'.
2. The form to create a new sale is located at the top of the page - you'll need to click 'create a new sale' to open the box.
First select, using the drop down list, which products the sale will apply to
You can select one of the following options.
The sale will apply to every product on your store.
The sale will apply to every product within a particular category (that you select).
The sale will apply to every product within a particular brand (that you select).
The sale will apply to an individual product (that you select).
If you select 'all products' please proceed to step 3 below.
Alternatively you will need to select the Category, Brand or Individual Product that you want the sale to apply to from the drop down list.
3. Next input the percentage discount that you want to offer.
4. Next enter the date that the sale should begin on (you can select today's date by clicking 'now') and the date the sale ends on (you can click 'never' for it to be live until you manually change it).
5. Now click the 'create this sale'.
Activation and expiry times
When setting the valid from date for a voucher code be aware that the time the voucher will be valid from is 00:00:00 which is the first time of the new day. So setting a valid from date of 17/12/2016 will mean the voucher can be used throughout the day of 17/12/2016.
When setting the expires on date the voucher will stop working at 23:59:59 on the expiry date (the last time of the current day). So setting a expires on date of 18/12/2016 will mean the voucher can be used throughout the day of 18/12/2016.
In the above example therefore a voucher with a valid from date of 17/12/2016 and expires on date of 18/12/2016 will be able to be used throughout the 17th and 18th of December.