Creating trade customers in bulk
Using the management system, you can import trade customers into your store via a spreadsheet upload.
These customers will then be able to login to their accounts on your website in the normal way.
Preparing the import file
The import file must be formatted in the correct way in order to process successfully in our system.
You can download an import template by clicking the icon below.
1. The file has 25 fields:
ADDRESS LINE 1
ADDRESS LINE 2
ADDRESS LINE 3
REWARD POINTS BALANCE
TRADE PRICING BAND
ADDITIONAL DATA 1
ADDITIONAL DATA 2
ADDITIONAL DATA 3
ADDITIONAL DATA 4
ADDITIONAL DATA 5
2. Each customer should be placed on a new row in the file.
3. Start your customers on row 3.
4. In the 'Country' column you must place the name of the country. You must do so according to the names specified by our system. Click the icon below to download the list of countries.
If you do not use the approved name for the country then the country will not import correctly.
5. In the password field enter a password for the customer.
6. If you want to give the trade customer a global discount then enter it here, numbers only.
7. In the credit account column if the customer has a credit acconut you should enter Yes
8. In the trade pricing band, if you are using this feature you need to enter the exact name of the trade pricing band. If you do not enter the exact name then the pricing band will not be assigned.
9. In the additional data columns you can enter any notes that you want to make about the customer.
You can download an example sheet by clicking the icon below.
Saving the spreadsheet
The spreadsheet needs to be saved as a CSV file. If you are using an Apple Mac computer then you must save the file as a 'Windows Comma Separated (.csv)'.
If the spreadsheet isn't in this format then when it's uploaded it won't be processed.
Importing the file
1. Select 'b2b' from the left menu and then 'view trade accounts'
2. Click the 'import trade accounts' button in the top right of the page.
3. Click the 'choose file' button and select the saved import file from your computer's hard drive.
4. Click the 'import trade accounts' button
5. If its large your file may take a while to process, so please be patient.