How VAT is handled on your website
We can account for VAT for all products and delivery rates on your website.
If you are VAT registered click 'settings' from the left menu and then 'VAT settings'.
Select 'Yes' from the 'Are you VAT registered?' tick box and then select whether you'll be entering your price's including or excluding VAT.
If you select 'no items do not contain VAT' then we'll automatically add 20% on top of the price that you add for a product or delivery rate.
If you select 'yes' then we won't add 20% and the price entered when adding the product or selecting the delivery rate, will be the price your customers pay.
Your account contains a few simple settings that allow you to choose
• Whether we should add VAT to your prices, or not (described above)
• Whether a particular product is Zero rated (no VAT should be charged)
• Whether a particular delivery rate is Zero rated (not VAT should be charged)
• Whether VAT should not be charged to international customers
• Whether prices should be shown excluding VAT until the customer reaches the checkout page
• If a trade customer is logged into an account whether they should they be shown prices excluding VAT until reaching the checkout page
Instructions on how to change each of these settings can be found in our article VAT Settings
Sometimes you may find that the relatively simple settings we have for VAT are not sufficient for your need. If you require additional functionality surrounding VAT, please contact us for a quotation.